Amazon set to release a cheap Fire tablet
Expected to be available for purchase in the UK and America at the end of September, Amazon are set to release one of the world's most affordable tablets to date. Though slightly larger than previous (and more expensive) Fire models, Amazon's latest Fire machine is equipped with a number of handy features. We take a look at the Fire machine which is set for release at the end of this month.
Amazon's cheapest tablet: the details
- Amazon's latest range of cheap, fire tablets will run on OS 5 Bellini which draws on Android-Lollipop. Amazon's tailor made operating system has been specifically designed to make it easy for users to access all of their favourite films, programmes and photos. To help you get to the content you need quickly, Amazon's operating system arranges your on-demand media purchases and downloads according to type, placing films in one file and music in another. As well as allowing you to access your purchased content with ease, Amazon's latest Fire tablet also automatically connects (and interacts) with Prime, updating your device accordingly.
Key hardware features of the new Amazon Fire:
- To help keep down the cost of the final product, the new Amazon Fire is not particularly streamlined To ensure that the device is affordable, Amazon have concentrated on creating a tablet which, though not striking, is both efficient and portable.
- 1.3GHz quad-core processor
- A 2 megapixel camera is located on the back of the device and a 0.3 megapixel camera on the front
- An IPS screen with a resolution of 1024x600 pixels
- A total internal memory of 8GB
- A microSD card-slot which allows the user to add extra internal storage to their device
- Capable of running for a total of 7 hours between charges
- As stated in the title of this article, Amazon's latest Kindle Fire tablet is expected to retail for just £50. Obviously, in designing a budget-friendly, affordable machine, Amazon have had to cut corners and eliminate some features you would ordinarily find in high-end tablet models. If you;re looking for a high-end tablet, it might be best to shop around. If you download films or TV programme from Amazon on a frequent basis (or you subscribe to Amazon's video streaming services,) this budget friendly machine may be the ideal entertainment system for you. If you're looking to purchase a number of budget tablets, (either for friends or family or as early Christmas gifts,) Amazon are currently offering six Kindle Fire tablets for the price of five.