1. GDPR Compliance
There is a new data protection law coming into effect in May 2018 that is designed to give you control over your data and we want to make sure that your information is made readily available to you.
Qual-IT London Limited t/a laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk is committed to ensuring your personal information is secure. It is your personal information, and we respect that. We want to maintain the trust and confidence of every one of our clients, as well as each visitor who uses the website.
We implement the latest security updates for our server systems and our website is certified by a recognised 3rd party as PCI DSS level complaint. All information transmitted between our servers and third parties is also encrypted to PCI standards. Our PCI certificate is available at the top of every page on this website.
Apart from helping us deliver exceptional services to you, the information you share with us means you will receive a more personalised and rewarding experience e.g sending your invoice for your purchase, tracking information and quotations.
Who are we?
Qual IT London Limited trading under the name of laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk; and we can be contacted by using the details below.
5 High Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 1JN.
By phone +44 (0)203 355 9521 or you can message us via our website www.laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk
If you have questions regarding your information or its use, then please email us at sales [at] laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing screens over the telephone or via the website.
1. When you create an account at laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk your account allows you do the following:
- Purchase lcd screens
- Receive a discount if you are a trade client
- Provides details of the screen(s) that are being purchased
- Receive an invoice and tracking information
- post the screen to the address of your choice
3. We do not share your information with 3rd parties. We do not send emails to you apart from your order details, the tracking information and a reminder 2 weeks after the screen(s) have been purchased to make sure everything is ok. If asked to quote 1st we will use your name and email address to send this to you.
3. The Types of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you create an account with us, register on our website and purchase from us online, or phone we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting.
We may collect:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Contact phone number(s)
- Payment card details. Please note, we will not hold payment information for any longer than it takes to process your transaction. Once payment is received or declined by your issuer, payment details are lost by our systems. The communication of your payment details with our bank is fully PCI compliant (cert at top of page).
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
When visiting our website we may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
When customers visit laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor’s behavioural patterns on the website. We do this to find out for example the number of visitors to the different pages of the website. The information we collect does not identify anyone. We never make any attempt to find out the identities of people visiting our website. Our website, along with other major websites, use ‘Cookies’. This is not unusual.
There are two different ‘Cookies’. One is a Session Cookie, this is temporary and only exit whilst you are accessing our website and close when you close the browser. These cookies remember what you have chosen on any page of the website (like adding items to the shopping basket, or logging in with your user ID), so you do not need to enter the same information again on all pages you visit.
Persistent Cookies are ‘Cookies’ that remain on your computer and help us identify you as a unique visitor to the website.
All types of cookie are stored locally on your computer and are accessed by our website. Cookies do not hold any personal information about you, they do not store your name or any payment details.
What are Cookies and why are they essential to our website?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive, your web browser will usually be set to allow cookies automatically. Once you access our website the file is added to your local computer.. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences, such as your address for shipping, what items you have in your shopping cart and any discounts you are entitled to. We call this user specific information.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our web site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the information only shows us trends, such as how many visitors used our website, how long they looked at each page, which items they purchased, but never any personal information.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better web site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This will prevent you from using our website, you will not be able to add items to your shopping cart, login or purchase any item.
- You can also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
4. Data Hygiene
From time to time we may screen our database. We may also update inaccurate data if the information is available.
5. Social Media
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services. This information is available publicly.
6. Why We Collect Your Personal Information and How We Use It
The information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways. Here are the main ones: to provide a service you have requested, offer you a personalised experience and understand our audience’s needs better.
Specifically, we use your information we collect in the following ways;
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- To be able to process your order for a screen(s)
- To process payments, we do not store any Credit Card or other payment information
- Provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration
- Contact you with important information relating to your purchase, such as confirming your order, emailing you the invoice and emailing your tracking details
7. Sharing of your information with 3rd Parties
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest), we may share your information with 3rd parties such as PayPal. For example, when making a payment on our website, your address and order details will be transmitted to PayPal. Note that we never hold any payment information on our site, this includes credit and debit card numbers which are only processed and held by our merchant bank, but also;
- To help us run the test version of our website that we use internally to pilot new features and ensure the smooth running of our web services.
- To keep our database accurate and relevant
- We may share your information with other companies outside of laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk (such as PayPal), to detect and reduce fraud
- Analyse and continually improve the services we offer including our website and our other products
8. How We Handle Your Information and Other Organizations
Laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties.
Laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk and recommends that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Manager if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf – payment processing is a good example of this. We make sure anyone who provides a service for the laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
9. How We Protect Your Data
Laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use e.g. your online account is encrypted and our own network is protected.
The Laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk may use your data from organisations such as Facebook. The USA has weaker data protection laws than that of the EEA and therefore we will ensure that only organisations who are a part of the EU privacy shield initiative will handle your personal information
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not keep more information than we need. The retention period will vary according to the purpose, for example if purchasing a screen, we will typically keep your data for up to ten years from the date of your last transaction. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Data Protection Manager using the contact details outlined in this notice.
10. Information Security
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt our services using current PCI compliant SSL standards (cert at top of every page on this website).
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employee and contractors who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
11. Transparency and Choices
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request it. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel as though you are in control of it.
If you have an online account with us, you can amend your personal details and email contact preferences at any time. Simply sign in on the web site and access your account by using your email address and password.
Or, if you prefer, you can contact us by phoning, emailing, or writing using our contact details below.
If you would like to see what information we hold about you, you can sign into your online account and make any changes required. You can also request full details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting the Data Protection Manager. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to sales [at] laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk
At any time you have the right to ask the Laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk to amend your information.
You can do this by signing in to the website and accessing your account details or if you don’t have an account or if you prefer to, you can contact us by phoning, emailing or writing using our contact details below.
You have the right to get information held about you by us corrected. If you have any concern about the accuracy of your personal data, please let us know using the below contact details. You may also request details of personal information we hold about you under the data protection law 2018. An administration fee of £10 plus VAT will be payable.
If you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the below contact details.
This notice was updated on 18 January 2018. It may be updated to take into account changes at the Laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk or for example to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.
Updates to this policy will be posted on this page.